I Didn’t Know She Had a Boyfriend…
I've been the ninja on the side a couple of times in my life. So have many other men I know. And while I can't speak for all of them, some of them, including me, have played the role reluctantly. Sure there have been those times where I simply did not give a damn on some Positive K shit. If your girl was the girl I liked, and you were either out to lunch or simply not paying attention, I'd take her if she'd go. But as I got older, and a little more hip to the game, I realized there is absolutely no virtue in being the dude on the side. All you are is a glorified baby sitter.
The fact is, it takes some real balls (no pun intended) to lay down with another man's girl. And I'm not talking about doing it on accident. I'm talking about the dude who literally preys on other men's girls - the one who makes it a point to find women who are already attached to another man, slides up in them, and then leaves the condoms on the baby seat on some Jay-Z and Nas shit. There's something about those type of men that just ain't right.
Like the song goes, you gotta know when to hold and know when to fold. Cutting ties with another man's woman has nothing to do with your feelings, it has to do with another man's feelings. And if you've been around the block once or twice, you'll know to bounce, because you're smart enough to know that men are capable of doing some crazy things behind their woman.
Then again, there are some men who make a lifestyle out of piping another man's woman. And what's funny is a lot of these men think their harbody for doing it, to which I say, really? If you think you really are that type of man, read on. If any of the following apply to you, you may not be as hard as you think, pimp.
- If you ever cheated on your girl and started catching feelings for the girl you cheated with, you may actually be a little bit sensitive. Giving a damn about your own side piece is a good sign you don't have the testicular fortitude to play the same role, because think about it: The only thing more hazardous than catching feelings for a girl that ain't even yours, is catching feelings for a girl who is someone else's.
- If you're the type of man who avoids a fight at all costs, because you suck at fighting or you're actually a Ghandi-like dude, maybe you should stop messing with next man's girl, because the minute he finds out, you're going toe-to-toe with him.
- If you're the type of man who doesn't wear a bullet proof vest, maybe you should leave the taken lady alone. I'm not saying it's right, but men have killed other men for lesser reasons, so think about that.
- If you're the type of man who doesn't believe in guns, maybe you should stop messing with another man's woman for the same reason I just mentioned above.
- If you're the type of guy who loves peace of mind, maybe you should back up off of the woman with the crazy a** boyfriend. No peace of mind comes from sex on a schedule.
- If you own the kinds of possessions that are flammable, leave that man's girl alone. This also goes for anyone who owns something that can be used to kill.
- As a matter of fact, if you have anything to lose, and it's something you worked hard to get, like, I don't know, a Jacob watch or some ish like that, then, like Andre said, show the man's main squeeze the door. You gotta value yourself more than the next man values his girl. That's the only way to stay out of trouble.
Like I said, if you're anything like me, or like I once was, you're bound to get caught up in some O.P.P. And if you didn't know, what can I say? We all know women are shady too and accidents happen. But the fact is, once you have that knowledge, that what you just dipped into wasn't O.P.P., but actually A.M.W (Another Man's Woman), get out of Dodge. Or get ready to just dodge.
MOTIVATION TO WRITE THIS PIECE
- This part of Andre 3000's verse on "Da Art of Storytellin' Part 4"
Click here to listen to the complete version
- Wise men who once told me...